Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tireless Self-Promotion Break

I have a short essay in the September/October issue of GOOD Magazine, available at finer newstands everywhere. But why not subscribe? $20 gets you a year subscription, and 100% of your subscription fee goes to the charitable organization of your choice (the magazine is supported by ad revenue).

If you're the kind of person who can't wait for a paper copy, you can read the article online here. But it looks better laid out on the page...

6 comments:

Levari said...

Promote away. You deserve it as you are as fine a critic as I've read anywhere.

L

PS - Will you review "Le Mepris/Contempt" sometimes soon?

Matthew Dessem said...

Thanks, man! I'm trying to do them in orde, so it might be a while before I get to Contempt, but I might skip ahead, I've been really wanting to see this.

Jeff McMahon said...

As useful as going in order is (when else would you have seen The Night Porter?), skipping around has its value too - I'd be interested to see you take on another Bergman or two, which you're not due to hit again until Cries and Whispers (101).

jonyangorg said...

My friend just got me a subscription to Good, it's a great magazine. I'll look forward to your article.

Love your blog.

Matthew Dessem said...

Jeff,

Going in order is the only thing that keeps me from skipping/never watching all kinds of things. I know the minute I start skipping around, I'll never stop, and unfortunately, that would probably mean fewer reviews of Bergman movies and more reviews of The Rock. You forget how little self-discipline I have.

Matthew Dessem said...

Jonyangorg,
Glad you like the blog -- hope you'll enjoy my article -- am sure you'll enjoy your subscription to GOOD.